EASME (the EU Executive Agency for SMEs) is organising a H2020 projects online workshop entitled “Innovative methods to remove hazardous substances and contaminants from secondary raw materials for the circular economy”, that will take place on January 29th, 2021. The event will bring together seven research and innovation projects (RIAs), including REACT project, that were funded under the topic H2020-SC5-1-2018 “Methods to remove hazardous substances and contaminants from secondary raw materials” together with other relevant H2020 projects and EU policy and project officers.
The objectives of the workshop are to:
- Present the main achievements to date and raise awareness about the projects among EU policy DGs and Agencies as well as other H2020 projects;
- Identify and discuss relevant activities and their contribution to policy developments in the area of circular economy, chemicals, products, plastics and ‘end-of-waste’ criteria;
- Identify concrete collaboration opportunities among projects, strengthen synergies and optimise impacts.
List of other projects that will participate:
- CIRCULAR FLOORING – New products from waste PVC flooring and safe end-of-life treatment of plasticisers (Coordinator: Fraunhofer IVV);
- CREAToR – Collection of raw materials, Removal of flAme reTardants and Reuse of secondary raw materials (Coordinator: Fraunhofer ICT);
- PLAST2bCLEANED – PLASTtics to be CLEANED by sorting and separation of plastics and subsequent recycling of polymers, bromine flame retardants and antimony trioxide (Coordinator: TNO)
- NONTOX – Removing hazardous substances to increase recycling rates of WEEE, ELV and CDW plastics (Coordinator: VTT)
- REMADYL – Removal of Legacy Substances from polyvinylchloride (PVC) via a continuous and sustainable extrusion process (Coordinator: Centexbel)
- PureNano – A purification/regeneration process of spent plating baths base on functionalized magnetic nanoparticles (Coordinator: Politecnico di Milano)
Participation to the workshop is reserved to the aforementioned project’s consortia.